DFRPG - New Orleans
(Skill & Trappings, page YS:140 // Mortal Stunts, YS:149)
- Canon Lawyer (Specify) (OW:147): Receive a +1 bonus to Scholarship checks related to law, and an additional +1 to checks related to theological canon (Roman Catholic, Islamic, Buddhist) specified at the time this stunt is taken.
- Capable Researcher (YS:155): Some say you were born in a library. Any scholarly research you do is completed two time increments (page YS:315) faster than usual – due in large part to the fact that you’ve probably read something about it before. (This ability does not extend to Lore research, which somehow never seems to go any faster no matter how good you are at the mundane stuff.)
- Doctor (Specify) (YS:155): You have a medical degree or the equivalent of such an education. You may use your Scholarship skill to declare appropriate justification for the recovery of moderate physical consequences when outside a medical facility, and for the recovery of severe physical consequences within a medical facility. For research purposes, gain +1 on Scholarship for any medical research and an additional +1 in a specific area of medicine. This stunt may be taken twice, with the bonuses on research stacking to indicate particularly deep or excellent medical knowledge (such as with a heart surgeon, etc.).
- EMT Training (OW:69): +2 when using Scholarship to administer medical care.
- Forensic Eye (OW:69): May use Scholarship instead of Investigation to examine evidence..
- Forensic Training (OW:69): +2 with Scholarship when performing autopsies, analyzing crime scene evidence, etc.
- Forgery Expert (YS:155): You are trained to distinguish forged documents from real ones. You gain a +2 on any roll to spot forgeries or falsified documentation.
- Lawyer (NEW): Acts the same as the Scientist stunt from Scholarship (YS156), except that it applies to law.
- Linguist (YS:155): You may speak (and read) additional languages as if your Scholarship score was 4 higher than it is. You may take this stunt multiple times, adding four more each time. Up to half of the languages you speak may be obscure, rare, or dead, provided you can establish an opportunity to study them.
- Medical Examiner (OW:119): You may use Scholarship instead of Investigation to find clues when examining a corpse.
- Occult Encyclopedia (Forum Post): You can access a database on the supernatural. As long as the database is available, Scholarship may be used instead of Lore when performing Arcane Research (page YS:134).
- Scholar (Specify) (YS:156): When using Scholarship to do academic research, gain +1 in a particular area of focus (e.g., Literature, History, Philosophy). Gain an additional +1 in an even more specific area of specialization (e.g., 19th Century Literature, Military History, Greek Philosophers).
- Scientist (Specify) (YS:156): When using Scholarship to do scientific research, gain +1 in a particular area of focus (e.g., Biology, Chemistry, Physics). Gain an additional +1 in an even more specific area of specialization (e.g., Marine Biology, Organic Chemistry, Quantum Physics).
- Technobabble (Forum Post): You are able to babble in highly technical language until others lose interest and wander off. Use Scholarship instead of Intimidation for The Brush-Off Trapping (page YS:132).