DFRPG - New Orleans
(Skill & Trappings, page YS:135 // Mortal Stunts, YS:149)
- Art Historian (YS:154): You not only create art, you’ve studied it deeply. Gain a +1 whenever using Performance as a knowledge or perception skill to research or study a work of art. Gain an additional +1 in a specific, broad area of art (e.g., music, painting, sculpture), and another +1 in a yet narrower area (e.g., pop music, Renaissance paintings, the Dada movement) for a total +3 whenever dealing with your area of greatest expertise.
- Big Sale (Forum Post): Requires Working Artist. Once per session you can use Performance skill instead of Resources to Buy Things or make your Money Talk.
- Impersonator (YS:154): Given a few hours to study someone’s behavior and modes of speech, you may imitate their mannerisms and voice, using Performance instead of Deceit to convince someone you are that person. Without strongly controlling the circumstances (e.g., impersonating someone over the phone), such impersonations won’t last very long. If combined with the Makeup Artist stunt (page YS:151) and plenty of preparation, you may use either Performance or Deceit to pull off a full impersonation, using the better skill for all relevant rolls and getting a +1 against Investigation rolls trying to penetrate the disguise.
- Poet (YS:154): You have an affinity for beauty in written and spoken language. Your Performance is at +2 when composing something with words and is considered to be two higher when used to modify (page YS:214) a social skill.
- Pointed Performance (YS:154): When performing for an audience, normally you can only create aspects on the scene that are broad, focused on general moods (Creepy as Hell, Let’s Party!, Uninhibited). With this stunt, you may make performances that target something more specific, perhaps directing that mood at a particular person or group. For instance, a satirist with this stunt could attempt to use his performance either to elicit a response from one person in the audience (The Jig Is Up) or to cause the audience to direct their mood toward that person (Check Out the Emperor’s New Clothes).
- Stage Combat (Forum Post): Practiced in the art of stage combat, you can use Performance instead of Weapons when defending with an appropriate weapon.
- Working Artist (Forum Post): You can use your Performance skill rather than your Resources to determine your Lifestyle (page YS:139).