DFRPG - New Orleans
(Skill & Trappings, page YS:134 // Mortal Stunts, YS:154)
- Expansive Magical Repertoire (Forum Post): Your Lore skill is considered 2 steps higher when factoring how many rotes your character knows.
- Finely Tuned Third Eye (YS:154): Your “sixth sense” that can perceive the presence of a supernatural “ick” factor (see page YS:135) is unusually sensitive for a pure mortal. Gain +2 to your Lore whenever using it as an Alertness substitute to pick up on the presence of the supernatural.
- Knowledge For Sale (OW:35): +2 to your Lore to discover knowledge that someone else is explicity willing to pay for .
- Mind Block (Forum Post): When defending against supernatural mind powers, Lore may be used instead of Discipline (page YS:127).
- Occultist (Specify) (YS:154): You’re an expert on a particular sub-section of arcane lore. This must be limited, but it can still cover a fair number of things, such as “Vampires” (see the “Vampirologist” example on page YS:148) or “Demons”. Gain a +1 to Lore when researching things covered by such a topic. You must also define a deeper specialty within that category, such as “Red Court Vampires” or “Hunter-Killer Demons”, to gain an additional +1 (for a total of +2) whenever the research focuses on that narrower area. This stunt may be taken multiple times, as long as a different sub-section is defined. Multiple areas of expertise may overlap, however, and in such a case, the bonuses of multiple relevant stunts may stack. [examples – magical countermeasures, etc]
- Spirit Contacts (OW:174): You can use Lore instead of Contacts to find and make contacts in the spirit world. Spirits gain a +1 on their Contacts rolls to find you, too.
- Study Weakness (Forum Post): For the purpose of discovering a Catch or other important weakness of a supernatural adversary, gain +1 to your Lore. You may also attempt to research normally “personal” weaknesses.