DFRPG - New Orleans
(Skill & Trappings, page YS:129 // Mortal Stunts, YS:152)
- Counselor (YS:152): You have some formal education in professional counseling or psychotherapy. Your skill can be used to justify another character’s recovery from moderate or severe social or mental consequences, provided you have the time and opportunity to provide them with the full extent of your services as a counselor.
- Intuitive Read (Forum Post): Once per scene spend a fate point to do an assessment with Empathy in a single exchange.
- Read the Surface (YS:152): You can get a sense of someone quickly when trying to “read” them (page YS:129). Your first attempt to read someone takes less than a minute of interaction, instead of the usual ten. Any subsequent efforts with the same person do not enjoy this benefit.
- Tell Me About Yourself (Forum Post): When in the privacy of a one-on-one situation, you may use Empathy instead of Rapport for the Chit-Chat Trapping (page YS:138).
- (the) Social Graces (YS:152): Keen awareness of the ebb and flow of social situations makes you the master of your circumstances. When determining initiative in a social conflict, gain +2 to Empathy.
- Won’t Get Fooled Again (YS:152): It only takes once for someone to lie to you before you start to wise up to it. Once you’ve discovered a particular person’s lie for what it is, you gain a +2 on any future Empathy rolls when dealing with that liar. (This requires a small amount of book-keeping, but the benefits are worth it!)